How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Plumber in France?
Plumbing work can be carried out in new or renovation projects. The operations to be undertaken differ according to the needs and budget. To get an idea of what you can expect to spend, check out the plumber’s rates below.
The Hourly Rate of the Plumber
The plumber’s intervention can be charged by the hour. It varies between 40 and 70 €. In the Ile-de-France region, an increase of 30 to 50% can be observed. During holidays, nights and weekends, this rate can also increase by 20 to 50%. Don’t forget to add the travel expenses, which are between 20 and 40 € per hour.
If parts need to be replaced, expect an extra 10 to 30% for the supply.
The Price per Service
The plumber’s price may vary depending on the service to perform.
There are many types of plumbing repairs. Their cost varies according to the difficulty and the nature of the operation.
- Repairing a leak: between 150 and 450 €;
- Changing a faucet: between 80 and 150 € ;
- Toilet replacement: between 60 and 150 €;
- Repair of a toilet flush: between 60 and 160 €;
- Change of defective parts: between 60 and 100 € ;
- Unclogging of pipes: between 50 and 150 € ;
- Septic tank emptying: between 150 and 350 €.
The price of heating work also depends on the operation to be performed. To remove an old equipment for example, count between 50 and 150 € if it is an electric radiator, and about 300 € in the case of a water radiator. As for the installation, the price varies from one device to another. The installation of a water radiator costs between 40 and 400 €. As for the installation of an electric convector and radiant panel is between 25 and 160 € and between 200 and 500 €. In the case of the installation of an infrared radiator, count between 250 and 1 000 €. As for installing an inertia radiator, it is necessary to foresee between 400 and 1 500 €.
The plumber can also install a wood stove, a heat pump, and a solar water heater. You can also entrust him with the installation of different types of air conditioners:
- Installation of single-flow CMV: around 800 € (new) and between 1,200 and 1,600 € (renovation) ;
- Installation of double flow CMV: around 2 300 € (new) and between 3 450 and 3 600 € (renovation);
- Installation of VMR: from 600 € per aerator;
- Installation of reversible air conditioning: between 700 and 1 500 €.
- If you buy your appliances, the VAT rate is 20%. However, if you entrust this task to a professional, you will benefit from a reduced VAT rate of 5.5%.
- To qualify for this reduction, your building must also be at least two years old. In certain circumstances, you can also benefit from financial aids such as the tax credit, MaPrimeRénov or the zero rate eco-loan if you contact an RGE professional such as MFPC.
[…] Having a job is of paramount importance these days. Indeed, there are many jobs in the world. The fact…
[…] Personally, I need a hot shower whether we are in winter or summer because I don’t feel clean otherwise,…
[…] Sound off in the comments section below, and tell us what you want to read next and if you…
[…] unfortunately, when it concerns a major plumbing issue, a botched job might end up causing a lot of harm…
[…] overestimate your talents, either. Sure, some simple jobs (like prevention!) can be done by a handy homeowner. But don’t…