Opt For Per Pipe: Its Main Advantages In Plumbing
Piping is one of the most important components in plumbing, and its installation is quite delicate. Having defective pipes in your home is very unpleasant. To have a durable piping system, it is essential to choose the right pipe. So, without further ado, let’s dive into this blog and learn some of the things you need to know about PER pipes.
Definition of plumbing
Plumbing is defined as all the means necessary to circulate water and/or gases to various locations in a facility. The distribution is done through pipes, valves, or faucets.
Currently, there are several companies that bring together many professionals who master plumbing. It is a company specializing in plumbing and heating work of all types, whether for installation, renovation, or repair.
Types of pipes
For several years now, many types of pipes have been available on the market, and each pipe has its advantages and disadvantages. There are two categories of pipes depending on their installation:
- The one that requires welding: the copper pipe
- And those that are not soldered during their installation: the multilayer pipe, the flexible pipe, the PVC pipe, and the PER or PEX pipe.
For our article, we will discuss the advantages of using PER or PEX pipe.
PER or PEX pipe
The PER or PEX pipe is the current innovation of the piping replacing the copper pipe.
The PER or PEX pipe is made of cross-linked polyethylene. It is made of semi-rigid plastic material.
It is used for distributing clean water and discharging waste water in sanitary facilities at the same time.
3. Types according to color
- Blue: The blue pipe is used to identify the cold water and/or the return of the heating systems.
- Red: The red pipe, on the other hand, brings back hot water for heating.
- White: This hose is composed of multiple layers. Its role is to slow down the oxidation and the creation of sludge in the heating systems.
The PER pipe has multiple advantages.
- Resistant and multi-layered: Due to their resistant quality, PER pipes are very solid, because rings fix them together. Its strength also comes from its triple layers, composed of protective materials that give it rigidity. Therefore, through these layers, they are insensitive to corrosion, ultraviolet rays, scaling, and flames. And they reduce noise pollution. In addition to being light, they are considerably resistant to climatic variations and wear.
- Manipulable: This type of pipe can be cut or adjusted according to your needs and expectations.
- Easy to install: Its installation is very simple, as it does not require any welding, just a careful compression connection. On the other hand, its installation must be done with a specific material which is the crimping tool. Indeed, the use of this tool will guarantee the good aesthetics of the pipe.
To avoid unpleasant surprises or unnecessary inconveniences during the installation of the PER pipe, it is always preferable to use the professionals of the trade to obtain an impeccable results for our plumbing and piping work.
- Durable and economical: The lifespan of PER pipes is estimated to be around 50 years with proper maintenance. Its economical quality lies in the fact that it greatly reduces energy losses.
The PER pipe has mostly advantages. Nevertheless, it also has its disadvantages. Among its most reported disadvantages is its high price compared to other pipes but more affordable than copper pipe.
However, its quality far exceeds other pipes so to ensure the performance of your piping, whether it is for professional establishments or individuals. It is better to sacrifice the price you pay and get superior quality.
Sound off in the comments section below, and tell us what you want to read next and if you want to read more about PER pipes.
[…] Having a job is of paramount importance these days. Indeed, there are many jobs in the world. The fact…
[…] Personally, I need a hot shower whether we are in winter or summer because I don’t feel clean otherwise,…
[…] Sound off in the comments section below, and tell us what you want to read next and if you…
[…] unfortunately, when it concerns a major plumbing issue, a botched job might end up causing a lot of harm…
[…] overestimate your talents, either. Sure, some simple jobs (like prevention!) can be done by a handy homeowner. But don’t…