5 Essential Steps for Installing a Classic Shower
– Step 1: Position the tray of your Classic Shower
– Step 2: Install the drain and seal of your Classic Shower
– Step 3: Assemble the sleeves to the drain hose of your classic shower
– Step 4: Attach the drain hose to the drain of your Classic Shower and connect it
– Step 5: Attach your Classic Shower Tray to the walls
For a bathroom on a budget, installing a standard shower is the best option. Functional and space-saving, the shower tray is easy to install, even for the uninitiated.
This sheet explains, in steps, how to install a standard shower.
1. Position the tray of your classic shower
Place your shower tray in its final location. Check that it is level with a spirit level. If it’s not level, put it on its edge to adjust the mounting feet and adapt them to the floor.
– Replace the tray and recheck the level.
– If the tray is level, place it back on its edge to tighten the adjustable feet with a wrench.
2. Install the drain and gasket for your classic shower
– With the tray still on edge, place the gasket underneath to match the drain hole already present.
– Place the drain plug after the gasket.
– Attach the other part of the drain with the supplied hardware to the top of the receiver.
Note: the drain screw is also used to secure the gasket.
3. Assemble the sleeves to the drain hose of your classic shower
– Smooth out the overflowing seal with your finger.
– Take a sleeve (fitting) from the drainage system and apply a special bathroom silicone sealant to the inside.
– Attach the drain hose to this sleeve by fitting it into place.
– Take the second sleeve and apply bathroom silicone sealant to the inside.
– Insert the clamping ring on the sleeve and fit the other end of the drain hose inside the sleeve.
– Smooth the seal with your finger.
4. Attach the drain hose to the drain of your conventional shower and connect it to the drain.
– Place the gasket inside the sleeve with the clamping ring.
– Screw the sleeve to the drain under the shower tray using the clamping ring.
– Place the receiver near the drain.
– Sand the contour of the drain hose sleeve.
– Sand the inside of the drain pipe embedded in the wall.
– Glue the outline of the sleeve and the inside of the drainpipe with special drain fitting glue.
– Insert the sleeve into the drain pipe.
– Let it dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Attach your Classic Shower Tray to the walls
Important: Before placing the shower tray in its final position, check for leaks by running water through the tray and inspecting the hose and fittings, as well as the drain seal.
– Glue the two sides of the shower tray that will contact the walls with a sealing compound.
– Position the shower tray in its final location by clamping it to the walls. If you have heavy shims, place them to hold the tray firmly against the wall.
Necessary: allow the sealant to dry before taking your first shower.
Equipment needed to install a classic shower.